Powered by Blogger.

[Book Haul]: Two Days in a Row: Children’s Classics + The Selection Series + Harry Potter

by - 3:24 AM




(The packages for the second and third haul.)

I had a huge haul coming the last two days.  I am pretty sure the Pos Laju guy cringes everytime he sees a package with my name.  Not only do I buy a lot of things online, my house is also pretty far from the Pos Office in our county. 



(The first haul.)


The first package arrived on Friday.  It was a set of books written by Kiera Cass.  I bought this from Facebook from a very friendly seller ( I am going to stalk her Facebook to see if she is selling more books after this) and was so pleasantly surprised to see them in great conditions.  They were almost like new, I was so happy.  There were no wrinkles anywhere, her daughter took really good care of her books.  Most of the books are from ‘The Selection’ series which had piqued my interest from the first time I heard about it.  The set entails the entire ‘The Selection’ series (‘The Selection’, ‘The Elite’, ‘The One’, ‘The Heir’ and ‘The Crown’), two after-stories (‘The Selection Stories’ and ‘Happily Ever After’) and a novel that is not part of the series, but sounds interesting just the same, ‘The Siren’.


Synopsis:
“For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.
But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.
Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself—and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.”


The synopsis gives a dystopian Cinderella-ish vibe, though it is technically not a fairy-tale retelling.  I am already around half-way through the first book. 




(The second haul.)

The second and third haul came the next day, on Saturday.  The second haul was a set of children’s classics that I bought from another seller from FB, one that I am a regular customer to (in fact, this is the seller that I bought from the most!) I was so excited for this because I really love reading children’s books whenever I am in the mood for something light and uncomplicated.  This set contains 41 hard-cover books!  My room feels like a library now.




(The third haul.)

The last haul was comparatively smaller than the first two.  I only bought 6 books from another seller, also from FB.  This is my first time buying from that seller, and now that I know she is legit, I am going to frequent her page even more.  She has a lot of interesting books in her collection, but my budget was tight back then, so I could only buy these 6!  Interestingly, this Harry Potter book (The Goblet of Fire) marks the completion of my Harry Potter collection.  Yay!

 

You May Also Like

0 comments