Powered by Blogger.

(Book Review): The Wicked King (The Cruel Prince #2) by Holly Black

by - 7:31 AM





(Disclaimer:  This will contain spoilers!)
If anyone must know, I went to great lengths to get my hands on 'The Cruel Prince'.  I looked everywhere.  Unfortunately, it was nowhere in any of the second hand books sites that I frequent and was nowhere in my local bookshop as well.  The second book was there though, so I thought I should buy it before they run out of it, and I'll just try and get the first book elsewhere.

One of the best decisions that I made this month!  Whilst I have mixed feelings for the first book, the second book improves a lot!  I love the plot, love the improvement of characters, love the relationship development between the two leads.

Near the end, I was so pissed at Jude for falling for Cardan's trick.  She was portrayed as the stalwart and clever daughter throughout book one and most of book two, but near the end of this book, she suddenly became so gullible.  I could understand Cardan’s action, because I would be pissed too, if I were in his place.  Imagine, being treated like a puppet.  And she actually had the cheek to wonder if he would be willing to extend the contract lol. 

I cannot believe Holly Black ended book 2 in that manner; book 3 'The Queen of Nothing' will only be out in 2020.  Good luck to me TT 

Verdict: 3.8/5

You May Also Like

0 comments