Powered by Blogger.

(Book Review): Heartless by Marissa Meyer

by - 7:15 AM





(Disclaimer:  This will contain spoiler!)
This is the story of how the Queen of Hearts became,  well.... the Queen of Hearts.   Although I've already bought a good number of books from Meyer's 'The Lunar Chronicles' series,  this is my first time reading her book (despite me repeatedly telling myself to get on with Cinder #fail =='), and I have to say,  Meyer did not disappoint.  

This is a wonderful story that explores the Wonderland universe, from the POV of the girl who would be Queen.  Meyer managed to retain the essence of Lewis Carroll's whimsical and quirky writing.   If Carroll ever got around to writing the origin of the Queen of Hearts, it would look a lot like this, though his character probably would not be able to connect with me as well as Catherine Pinkerton did.

This is one of those rare stories that I could not find any fault on.  A magical reading experience.

Verdict: 5/5 (Hall of Famer)

You May Also Like

0 comments