Powered by Blogger.

(Book Review): 'The Star-Touched Queen' by Roshani Chokshi

by - 9:34 AM

(Book Review):  'The Star-Touched Queen' by Roshani Chokshi



'The Star-Touched Queen' tells the story of Maya, the princess of Bharata who pretty much receives the Cinderella treatment from her stepmothers because she was born with a bad horoscope.  Her father, the King wants to arrange a marriage for her, and after loads of twists later, she ends up marrying Amar, the King of Akaran.  Set amidst the backdrop of Indian mythology, the world-building in this novel is awesome.  Roshani Chokshi is an amazing writer who can deliver an intriguing plot with so many unforeseeable twists (like seriously!).

However, I did not feel any particular attachment for any of the main characters.  I usually ship a lot, but for some reason, I did not root for the main couple.  They're the type whom people would start betting for their divorce before the wedding reception even ends.  That aside, my favourite character is Kamala <3 Such an interesting character!

I was in a terrible reading slump before this, and I was so happy I picked this up because it brought me right out.  Thanks, Roshani!

Verdict: 4.3/5

You May Also Like

0 comments