Powered by Blogger.

[Book Haul]: October 2018

by - 5:05 AM



This haul consists of books purchased from 11 different sources, I REPEAT, 11 different sources, most of which I contacted within the same week (and the same day /dead/).  It was surprisingly fast and painless.  I suspect even the sellers wanted to get it done as fast as I did :D  The shipping fee was very painful though TT

Anyway, let's get on with the haul!


1.  The Complete Novels of Jane Austen by Jane Austen (obvs)


Now this one, I had waited for with bated breath.  It was a long painful wait (on my part.  The truth is it probably took less than 10 days to reach me after I placed the order.)  I already own Emma, Mansfield Park and Northanger Abbey, and there I was that day, looking to buy Pride and Prejudice cause I just finished watching the movie, and MR. DARCY my loveeeee <3333  I only stumbled upon this book by chance and was so impressed with the price because the price of this compilation is pretty much the same as a single copy of Pride and Prejudice, and I was like 'Hell yeah!'  

I was so eager to read Pride and Prejudice and went on to read the E-book while waiting for this to arrive.  Unfortunately, reading the e-book proved to be too much for my eyes and I had to drop it 300 pages in.  Lucky, this copy came soon after.  I already finished reading it and ngl, my heart was so heavy as I was drawing close to the end.  A lovely lovely read.  




2.  The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.

I have not read this, so I have no idea what to say.  I have been hearing really good reviews about it though.  



3. The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh

One of the two retellings of the Arabian Nights in this haul.  This is listed really high on my TBR list  (though every single book in this haul is).



4. Cinder by Marissa Meyer

This is a retelling of Cinderella, set in a Dystopian society.  This is the first book in 'The Lunar Chronicles' series. 




 5.  The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
The first book in 'The Raven Cycles' series.  This has also received a lot of hype from bibliophiles on Booktube.



6.  Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

The famous 'Throne of Glass'. 




7.  A Thousand Nights by EK Johnston  


This is another retelling of the Arabian Nights.  One of perhaps the most beautiful books that I own (literally and figuratively).  I've already read this and I only have one thing to say:  EK Johnston is not a writer, she is a poet.  This book is so beautiful, I have no idea what else to say (though even now, I still cannot comprehend what the antagonist's true motive is.  Like only for power??  To wreak havoc??).  'The Wrath and the Dawn' has a lot to live up to!



9.  The Wicked Lovely Series by Melissa Marr


Another fantasy series.  I managed to buy the entire set.  I cannot wait to dig in!  



10.  Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton


Another story that is set in the deserts.  This book marks the completion of the set on my bookshelf!  Such pretty covers/spines <3






11.  A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas


This is what I am currently reading.  So good. 


All in all, a very exciting haul (though I don't think the mailman was as excited as I was since they pretty much had to go to my house everyday to send the packages.)

You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. Just wondering, do you sell out your books once being read or you keep them all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually keep my books in case if I want to reread them :D

      Delete