Powered by Blogger.

(Book Review): The Cruel Prince by Holly Black

by - 7:26 AM





(Disclaimer:  This will contain spoilers!)
The Cruel Prince tells the story of a mortal girl, Jude, who got kidnapped by faeries when she was a child and had to grow up in the faerie world, amidst discrimination and double-standard due to her being a human.

This book receives a lottttt of hype, it's everywhere on BookTube and Bookstagram that I just had to get my hands on it.

Maybe my expectation was too high, but this is kind of a letdown.  For starters, I cannot, for the life of me understands or comprehend the motivation behind everybody's actions.  None of them makes any sense.  I don’t even know where to begin.  And the female lead, Jude, lmao.  She was like, I must not let Madoc become the regent, he is powerthirsty and corrupted etc, and then she went and did what she did not want him to do.  I didn't dislike her though, she is badass.

And the male lead, Cardan.  I actually like the guy. He and his gang are like a crossbreed between F4 and the Marauders, like I had a legit flashback to all them Marauders/circa-2011 kpop fanfics that I used to read.

All in all, nothing too outstanding for me.  More or less like 'An Enchantment of Ravens' but with a warrior female lead, so I would definitely recommend that to anyone who likes this book. 

Verdict:  3/5

You May Also Like

0 comments