Powered by Blogger.

[Book Review]: A Court of Wings and Ruins by Sarah J Maas

by - 6:24 AM

Review: A Court of Wings and Ruins




Looming war threatens all Feyre holds dear in the third volume of the #1 New York Times bestselling A Court of Thorns and Roses series.

Feyre has returned to the Spring Court, determined to gather information on Tamlin's manoeuvrings and the invading king threatening to bring Prythian to its knees. But to do so she must play a deadly game of deceit – and one slip may spell doom not only for Feyre, but for her world as well.

As war bears down upon them all, Feyre must decide who to trust amongst the dazzling and lethal High Lords – and hunt for allies in unexpected places.

In this thrilling third book in the #1 New York Times bestselling series from Sarah J. Maas, the earth will be painted red as mighty armies grapple for power over the one thing that could destroy them all.

(Disclaimer:  This will contain spoiler!)


I literally went through a lot of trouble to get my hands on this book.  The moment I finished reading ‘A Court of Mist and Fury’, I decided that I need to go to Popular to buy the third book cause damn me if I am going to buy it online and wait for days for it to reach me.  I went to the bookstore the next day = =’  And it was the only copy left :O 

This book is the continuation of ACOMAF, pretty much where it left off. 

I was scared for Rhys, but thank goodness!  Phew.   Reading the way Tamlin put it, I kind of can understand what he felt, kind of, and I feel kind of bad for him because he really did think that he was doing everything for her and that he had everything all under control.  He was living inside his own bubble, too preoccupied with trying to ‘save’ Feyre that he did not realize that everyone had turned against him.  I mean, I would be thinking the same thing too; that Rhysand poisoned Feyre against him using his mind control thingy, and I would want to do my best to save the people that I love too, even if it means going against my moral (not that he was planning to.)  Imagine trying to do so much only to have it backfire against you (backfire is kind of putting it mildly.  Shits EXPLODED on his face, poor guy). But at the end of the day, I am still team #Rhysand.  SJM has been trying to whitewash Tamlin, especially at the end, so he is probably not entirely out of the picture.

And then, enough with the mating thing already!  So overused in this book, especially considering that it was barely there on the first book.  I mean, I can deal with the mating bond, but to have it shoved on my face on every single page….  And I think SJM needs to tone it down with the smut.  I mean, I want more plot, half of the book this time are filled with them fornicating.  Or talking about fornicating.  Telepathically.  Hahaha.    

There are hardly any new characters in this book (other than the High Lords.  Beron is so… ew), so it gets kind of flat, but only if you compare it to the masterpiece that is ACOMAF.  This is still better than most books that I’ve read though, so that’s that! 

All in all, 4.2/5 hearts. 

  

You May Also Like

0 comments